Pistachio Confectioneries for You and Me
The fun thing about pistachio confectioneries is how their use can be versatile. Pistachios, in general, make an excellent added ingredient to all sorts of desserts. Let us explore a few snacks that you can eat on the go that contain these wonderful nuts:
- Nougat: Candy+Pistachio= yes please! This confection is traditionally made of honey, egg whites, and pistachio nuts.
- Maple nougat: The Canadian counterpart to the original nougat, this is an incredible combination of maple syrup, almonds and pistachios.
- Halva: Another Middle Eastern dessert, halva, is a Persian candy made out of… you guessed it, pistachio! Sometimes called helva, halwa or halva, this type of nougat that isn’t too sweet yet will satisfy your cravings. The flavours of cardamom and pistachio are a beautiful combination that your tastebuds will thank you.
- Fudge: This sticky, chewy and delightful treat combined with pistachio is truly a delectable treat! This nutty fudge will get you singing tunes all night!
- Turkish Delight: This heavenly treat is often sprinkled with pistachios. The best way to describe Turkish delight would be to compare it to a gum drop. It has a squishy and soft texture. The outside of this confectionery has a good amount of powdered sugar. It is almost like a nougat.
- Marzipan: Most commonly made out of almonds, but in some cases pistachio can substitute the almonds.
- Pistachios with honey: A Middle-Eastern tradition, this dessert is completely natural, organic and healthy! The combination of the sweet taste of honey and the smooth, nutty taste of pistachios make for an awesome treat that you can enjoy anytime.
- Pistachio buttercups: The classic chocolate buttercup comes in many variations: plain chocolate, caramel, peanut…so why not try the pistachio kind? After all, doesn’t the idea sound great?
These pistachio confectioneries all sound amazing! If only one could try all of them at the same time. Find the best pistachio desserts near you on Dessert Advisor.